Monday, January 4, 2010

Custom Parts for the Harley

One of the disadvantages of living in Northern Utah is the cold, snowy winters and icey roads. NOT safe for motorcycles and definitely too cold for comfortable riding. I ride for fun and if I am concerned about how warm I am and if I can keep the "Shiney Side Up" I will just wait for warmer weather. So, in winter I add chrome and other custom parts. A lot of Marines use Tattoos to showcase the Corps and their unit affiliations......I never was much into ink and needles, so I engrave my Harley. Last year I ordered two custom engraved parts, and a third is supposedly coming this month.

The two parts below are the derby cover and the horn cover. You can click on the images for a larger, more detailed view. The derby cover has the US Marine Corps emblem and the words Chi Lai RVN '67 - '69 hand engraved into it. The horn cover has my Squadron emblem engraved into it....a diving Nighthawk. The part still due is the Point Inspection cover engraved with my rank insignia....a US Marine Corporal. I am just started on this bike as there is plenty of chrome left to engrave.....AND I have the tank and fenders for custom paint. Strangely, engraving is relatively inexpensive....custom paint can cost a ton of money. I just saw one custom paint job at the Harley Store that cost $4,700. Enjoy these....I DO!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for such a informative post about Derby covers for harley,I must say you have highlight many important thing in this post again thanks for sharing!
    Click here to know more about Derby Covers For Harley.

    ReplyDelete